Magento is one of the top and traditional platforms to develop secure eCommerce websites. It is an open source platform written in PHP. VarienInc initially developed it. It has been featured on grand stage it permits online vendors the power to control the look, content and additionally usefulness of the e-commerce website easily. Since Magento is a standout amongst the most capable and adaptable shopping sites, it requires a profound level of skill to create online stores or even do some essential changes.
So in this, we’ve decided to share some tips and workflow of développement magento.
Magento Development Basics:
Magento is sufficiently flexible and easy to modify, you can get tons of manuals and documentations from the internet to development your first online store. It is packed with a lot of features and extendable to various editions. Realistically Magento is classified into three platforms
- Magento Community Edition.
- Magento Enterprise Edition.
- Magento Go.
Most PHP engineers begin with the local improvement setup and at this point, you also need to install PHP and MySQL on your PC. There’s nothing amiss with this. Truth be told, at this moment, I’m utilizing Ubuntu newest version with all that I require aside from MongoDB installed locally. Vagrant is a major thing at this time, and which is all well and good. PCs are enormous enough to run virtualization, and the overhead isn’t something that affects us any longer unless you are on an ultra-book or exceptionally old equipment.
Unless you are running Linux, don’t trouble. Yes, there are tools like boot2ocker that permit you to run Docker on Windows and OSX. However, that is a stopgap. You’ll wind up running into issues with record authorizations and legitimately getting host-machine documents mounted appropriately inside the machine.
Magento Development Process:
- Project Screening: In this stage developers analyze the exact requirements of the project and understand the need features to be developed. At this point, only project cost and time frame can be executed upon the receiving of requirements from client.
- Research and Development: Once the element of the plan is received from the client, the research and development phase will be started by utilizing the tools provided by the customer such as images, products, categories, etc. Development phase also involves coding of all the pages such as homepage, products, cart, payment gateway, etc. Once the pages are development individually by different developers, all the modules are put together and pointed towards the homepage. Now the customer provided initial feedback and then the pages are modified depending on the feedback. In this phase, the project in developed locally and procedure isn’t solitary but runs jointly.
- Testing and deployment to live server: Once the customer approves the project, it is tested for various platforms and tested for sample orders thru payment gateways. Any bugs or errors found will be modified and rectified at earliest. Finally, the E-commerce is deployed to live client server.
So in this article, we’ve covered all the basics of Magento development and workflow to understand the architecture of custom functionality. If you want to learn more about the best practices of Magento developers you may go through the official documentation.